Format & Call Letters
Classic Hits - WHAK-FM
99.9 The WAVE plays the Super Hits of Rock & Roll!
99.9 The WAVE is a modernized version of a classic Oldies-formatted station, playing the greatest rock & roll hits from the 60’s ,70’s and 80’s.
99.9 The WAVE serves the Alpena and Cheboygan areas and is very active in promoting community events.
Artist Profile: We play Superstars like the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Elvis, Beach Boys ,The Eagles, Rod Stewart, Elton John, Stevie Wonder.The Police, Queen, Phil Collins, Journey, Prince, Hall & Oates, John C Mellencamp, Marvin Gaye, Cheap Trick, Billy Joel, Foreigner, Fleetwood Mac, Cyndi Lauper, Kansas andSteve Miller make this format one that will stand the test of time!
The 99.9 The WAVE's Classic Hits music format has grown as one of the fastest growing formats in America over the past decade.
99.9 The WAVE is targeted to reach affluent Adults between the ages of 25 to 54.
99.9 The WAVE's Classic Hits music format has also become a very popular at work choice for listeners.
99.9 The WAVE allows advertisers to reach a large consumer group that can’t be reached with any other station.
99.9 The WAVE'sis designed to reach active consumers in their prime spending years.
The 99.9 The WAVE's Classic Hits music format continues to be one of the most top rated formats in America for advertisers.
99.9 The WAVE has wide demographic appeal with consumers who have purchasing power!
Age Composition: Over 75% of Classic Hits listeners in America fall into the 25-64 age group.
- Almost 30% of Classic Hits listeners in America are adults 45 to 54 years old.
- Over 25% of Classic Hits listeners in America are adults 55 to 64 years old.
- Almost 15% of Classic Hits listeners in America are adults 65+.
- Over 12% of Classic Hits listeners in America are adults 35 to 44 years old.
- Almost 10% of Classic Hits listeners are adults 25-34 years old.
Gender: Almost 55% of Classic Hits listeners in America are male while over 45% are female.
Household Income: Classic Hits listeners in America have high earning power.
- Over 30% of Classic Hits listeners in America have an income over $75,000.
- Almost 25% of Classic Hits listeners in America has an income of $50,000 -$74,999.
- Over 26% of Classic Hits listeners in America has an income of $25,000 - $49,999.
- Over 55% of Classic Hit listeners have an annual household income of over $50,000 a year.
Occupation: 99.9 The WAVE listeners are employed as Owners, Managers or Professionals, employed as Tradespeople, employed in the Sales and Service industry and are also employed as Administrators or Clerical staff.
Education: 99.9 The WAVE listeners are well educated.
- Over 27% are College graduates.
- Over 32% have attended community college.
- Over 34% have a high school diploma.
Investments: 99.9 The WAVE targets listeners who have high incomes and invest in real estate, mutual funds, stocks/bonds, retirement programs, savings accounts, etc.
Activity: The 99.9 The WAVE attracts listeners who actively participating in exercise and fitness, boating, biking, golfing, camping, hiking, and going to the cottage on weekends.
These listeners dine out frequently, attend local and regional sporting events and concerts.
Get your message out to thousands of potential new customers each week with 99.9 The WAVE.
99.9 The WAVE listeners are in their prime earning and spending years.
Home: 99.9 The WAVE targets homeowners. A huge category with these consumers is home improvement and home decorating.
Home Spending: Started or completed in the past 2 years
- Interior painting/wallpaper
- Landscaping or yard improvements
- Exterior painting/staining
- Energy conservation projects
- Floor tiles or vinyl flooring
- Installed windows or doors
- Other home projects
99.9 The WAVE targets listeners with purchasing power.
99.9 The WAVE Listeners
- Purchase a wide variety of electronic devices including computers, tablets, smartphones, MP3 players, video games, HDTVs, digital video recorders (TiVo) and digital cameras.
- Are big consumers of furniture, major appliances, and automobiles.
- Purchased fine and costume jewelry, cosmetics, perfume, and skin care products.
- Enjoy going out to restaurants often every month. Over 50% go out more than 5 to 6 times a month.
- In the past year purchased men and women's clothing, infant and children clothing, men's and woman's shoes and accessories.
Market your business to thousands of active consumers each week with 99.9 The WAVE.
Consumer Spending Profile
99.9 The WAVE attracts consumers that spent heavily in the following categories in the past year.
Many of 99.9 The WAVE listeners:
- Purchased books in the past year.
- Purchased garden supplies in the past year.
- Purchased flowers as a gift in the past year.
- Purchased healthcare products in the past year.
- Purchased auto maintenance in the past year.
- Purchased vacations in the past year.
- Purchased tickets to concerts and sporting events in the past year.
- Purchased pet supplies in the past year.
- Purchased small appliances in the past year.
- Purchased a vehicle in the past two years.
99.9 The WAVE targets listeners with retail purchasing power.
We Are Northern Michigan
99.9 The WAVE is committed to super-serving the community. The station has a strong focus on local events, issues, entertainment, civic functions, as well as, charitable causes. We take pride in being an important part of the fabric of our community.
At 99.9 The WAVE we love taking part in community events and getting behind local causes that affect our listeners.
99.9 The WAVE is extremely proud of its commitment to actively supports hundreds of worthwhile causes.
Wake Up To Brian Weekday Mornings On 99.9 The WAVE
Join Brian for the Wave Morning Show 6 AM to 9 AM weekday mornings.
Start your day with Super Hits of Rock & Roll! from the 60s, 70s, & 80's,and fun, games, trivia, and listener phone calls.
Get the Great Hits Of All Time and find out what’s going on in and around Northern Michigan.
Phil Heimerl delivers your morning news and the guys keep you informed about local sports, too.
Wake up to Brian weekday mornings 6 AM to 9 AM on 99.9 The WAVE.
99.9 The WAVE Coverage Map
To Learn More How Radio Can Help
Grow Your Business Click Here